Thursday, December 1, 2011

Doorknob checkin

 I know I have gone a long time without updating the blog, but that is because everyday things seem change around here!  It is hard to keep up!

I am 35weeks and 1 day along.  A and B are doing well.  Two weeks ago, I started to have some pre-term labor and was put on bed rest.  Without going into too many medical details, I figured I would give you an update on what is going on here and some pictures that speak 1000 words.

First, let's check in on the doorknob progress.


As you can see, I have grown quite a bit and I am only inches from the doorknob.  If I make it a couple more weeks, we may have a doorknob eclipse.  Or, this may be it, only time will tell!

Like I said, I am on bed rest until these babies are ready to come out.  I am pretty happy I made it to 33 weeks without any other sort of intervention.  From the way the doctors were taking in the beginning, I was thinking bed rest was something that was going to happen much earlier.

Some other pregnancy facts:
1.  A and B are both breach so a C-section is in my future.  We have a date for our C-section at 37 weeks (I am not going to give out the exact date on the internet!).  If you are interested, feel free to email me.  I have had several weeks to digest the fact that a C -section is going to happen and I have come to terms with it.  In case you were wondering, we do not regret taking our natural childbirth class ;)

2.  I have gained 40 lbs.  That is way less than I thought I would gain and it is on the lower end of what I was told I would gain with twins.  For the last 9 months, I have eaten WHATEVER I wanted.  My consumption has been tempered by a small stomach and bad heartburn, but honestly, it has been a dream.  I doubt it would have been like this if I had one baby cooking in my belly.  I am thankful that for once, I know what it feels like to be able to eat whatever you want.  I asked Chris to remind me of this time when I am older and can't even look at food without gaining weight.  FYI- at one point when I stopped gaining weight, Chris bought me a sheet cake.  I never had my own cake for an occasion other than a birthday.  Although I did not eat the whole thing, I did enjoy a few pieces of this cake over the course of a week and it was all mine.  What a memory!!!!


3.  I think the babies have dropped.  I can see it in the last picture in the collage and today when I was driving to the doctor, I noticed I had to lift my belly out of my lap to get comfortable.  
4.  I found out today I started having regular contraction again, but I do not feel them.  I am hoping this is evidence that I am not as big of a wimp as I think I am.
5.  I know at some point soon we are going to be bringing home 2 baby boys, but I feel like I am going to be pregnant forever.  I feel like I am kind of used to having a big belly.
6.  I can still wear my wedding rings and watch.  I am happy about this, even though I no longer go out of the house. 
7.   I drink a minimum of 120oz of water a day.  It is almost a full time job drinking that much.  
8.  The only legitimate cravings I have had during this pregnancy occurred in the first trimester.  The foods I craved were watermelon, corn and hotdogs.  I am still in disbelief I craved hotdogs.  
9.  We had a virtual shower with Chris's side of the family.  It was the coolest, most thoughtful idea.  Thanks to everyone who participated!
10.  I have enjoyed wearing shirts with horizontal strips the last few months, despite the fact that strips are a fashion no-no if you are trying to look slimmer.  It really does make me chuckle that there are so many striped shirt options for pregnant ladies.  

Ok, ten items is enough for now!  If we make it another week, I promise to post another picture of me and the knob.  

10 comments:

  1. carrie you look stunning. And let me just say I gain way more than 40 pounds with each of my boys individually. And eric weighed in at 5 14 so lets just say it wasn't all baby. I cannot wait for A and B to arrive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's nice to see old friends doing great in life! from doggie pics to baby bumps!!! good luck girlie!

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great Carrie. Wow, 35+ weeks, that's fantastic! Deb only made to 34 weeks with Sam & Ross, but I think she would have knocked the doorknob off. She looked like a snake that swallowed a watermelon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie! You look awesome! Great update. Enjoy this downtime...it will be your last for a long time :) We can't wait to see pictures of those boys and find out their names!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update Carrie! We've been thinking about you a lot here in the Lanza household and look forward to hearing about the arrival of A and B in a couple of weeks. I chuckled when I read about it being a full-time job to drink that much water. Too top it off, it is a full-time job to just pee when you drink that much water, especially when pregnant!! Lots of hugs from MN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear your update Carrie. I LOVE the sheet cake idea, that's a good man! looks like you are doing a good job cooking those boys! Enjoy your rest and quiet time

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look and sound great! So exciting! Can't wait to hear the news soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness. This post was wonderful, thank you. What an amazing woman you are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing great!! Who knows...by this time next week you and Chris might be up to your elbows in beautiful baby boys!! Sooooooooo exciting!!
    Love you...Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you look and sound terrific, good spirits and ready for the big adventure! Is that the closet with the shoes hanging on the inside? I've been praying for December 14th, just because it sounded like a reasonable, but not too early time. Have fun, everything will go just fine. Joy

    ReplyDelete