Thursday, June 16, 2011

A heart filed with love.


There are many titles I could have used for this blog post but this one perfectly describes the way I feel (as well as give tribute to my favorite musical!).  Why am I so filled with love?  Chris and I are excited to announce that we are expecting our first child. . . errrrr children, in January.  Yes, you read that right, we are having twins!  Let the words wash over you, I have had many weeks to let it sink in and to stop laughing nervously every time I make the statement. . . twins - 2 babies, dos bambinos. 

Really, this should not have surprised us as much as it did.  We have 2 dogs, 2 cats, and sometime at the end of 2011, 2 babies.  All is right and still in balance in our world.  In fact, when we first found out I was pregnant, we kept joking that the baby was going to throw off the balance in our household and the universe answered back by having there be 2 babies for us to love.  Touche universe, touche. 

Now the details!  Being pregnant was not a surprise, but the twins were!  There are some twins on Chris’s side, but none on mine.  They do not know for sure if they are fraternal or identical, only time will tell. I am just over 11 weeks along, due on January 4th, but expecting to see our little ones before the new year (not too much before though please!).  We do not know the sexes yet, but we will find out when we can.  The first trimester has been rough!  I have been sick, perpetually nauseous, had major food aversions, and all around not myself for many weeks.  Things seem to be getting better though.  I can think again and I am not huddled over the toilet all the time anymore.  I take that as a good sign.  I have not gained any weight yet but my clothes are all too tight and I am starting to wear maternity clothes.  

We are super excited and could not wait to share our news with all of our friends and loved ones.  The only sad part for me if that I did not get to tell many of you in person.  If I had, you would have been privy to quite a nervous giggle, it was unique!   In all seriousness though, Chris and I are fully ready for what lies ahead.  I mentioned in a previous post that we have lots of love to give, and we both feel that is true now more than ever!  We can’t wait to expand our clan from 6 to 8 in one fowl swoop!  The only question left is, do you think we will all fit in the mustang?  Perhaps with the top down.

Here is a picture from the 8 wk sonogram.  I have new ones from this week that I will post later but this one really says it all. 


More posts and pictures to come now that the silence has been broken!
<3

6 comments:

  1. Craziness! So happy for you! :)

    -Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been waiting for this post! Keep them coming or I am going to have to restort to stalking you via email and phone to get updates. I am happy to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo COOL!!! I'm very happy for all four of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am covered in goosebumps!! You guys are SO blessed and I am SO excited for you!!!!! Two babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm gonna go get the baby, get the baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! So happy for you guys. Good luck with the pregnancy, and I really hope the morning sickness passes soon. Happy father's day to Chris!

    ReplyDelete