Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Will she or won't she????

We have officially hit week 12.  Although I do not feel any different physically, I am still jubilant that we have hit this milestone!  To celebrate, we took some belly pictures!  These are the first of the lot, and I am already in maternity clothes.  Oiy!

In light of this, I thought we could play a game called 'Will she or won't she????'. 

Will she or won't she what you ask?  Will she or won't she reach the doorknob (my belly that is). 

 It is hard to imagine how big you are going to get when you are pregnant with one baby let alone with twins.  I have only gained 1 lb so far and the doctor was fine with that.  In her words "don't worry, the weight will come" and she followed this by saying I should expect to gain 40-45lbs.  Oiy.  It is so hard to conceptualize gaining this much weight and doing it over just 6 months or so.   In keeping with our moto, go big or go home, I figured I might as well have a benchmark (errr closetmark) to measure myself against.  So cast your votes as to whether or not you think I will be big enough for my belly to hit the door knob.    


In other news, I am getting ready to go to San Diego for the American Diabetes meeting at the end of the week.  I am a little nervous to travel for so may days but I think it will be fine.  I will miss Chris, the pups, the kitties, my bathroom and kitchen. . .  you get the picture.  

Chris and I had a long conversation about all the things I needed to remember to pack.  This is an part of the conversation.  

Chris: “So we have to come up with some snacks you can take with you that are highly appealing, easily eatable, and won’t give you heart burn”

Me: “Yes”

Chris: “Wow, what team of scientists is working on this solution?”

I am still laughing.  :)

4 comments:

  1. You look great! And I vote YES :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do look awesome! And I cannot cast a vote yer because it depends on how you end up carrying...I will wait for a few more pictures before I decide...and you will be so close to us yet so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post is hilarious, im so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not think your belly will reach the doorknob. You look like you have the pregnancy glow. So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete