Friday, December 30, 2011

It take TWO to make a thing go right

Well, after 37 weeks of waiting to meet our babies, they have finally arrived!  Two weeks ago today Bradyn Oscar (5 lbs 9 oz)  and Brody Louis (6lbs 12oz) were born!  It was love at first sight and we have been enjoying every minute of the last 2 weeks getting to know our boys.

Before I post some pictures from the last 2 weeks, I have one last official doorknob picture.  This was taken the day we went to the hospital to have the babies.


The official verdict: I did not reach the knob!  I came very close though, closer than I thought I would when this all started.


Things have been non-stop since the boys have been born.  Chris and I are sleep deprived and totally delirious, but we are having so much fun.  This post may be a little less witty than usual.  I blame sleep deprivation!  My goal was to post something by the time the twins were 2 weeks old, so in an effort to avert failure, here we go!

Facts about Bradyn (Aka Brady):

This little man may be less than 6 lbs, but he has the personality of a big baby.  He is tough, strong-willed, and seems to have many traits in common with his Dad.  Though only 1 minute older, Brady is the true older brother.  He has done every developmental thing first, with Brody following about 24 hrs behind.

Nicknames: A, A-bops, Brady-bear, Peanut, Little Man, Bird Man

Brady seems to look more like Chris with some of my features sprinkled in.  He hates light shining in his face and mumbles to himself for periods of time as he sleeps.  He is a little love bug and a wonderful cuddlier!  We can't wait to see what next week brings Brady!


Facts about Brody:


Compared to Brady, Brody seems so big.  Weighing in at 6 lbs 12 oz, he looks bigger than his brother when laying next to him and feels so huge in our arms.  Brody too is tough and strong willed, a little more of a crier than his brother and a more demanding eater.  He attacks his food like a little gremlin and makes me laugh every time I see him do this.  Brody loves to lay on his belly on top of my chest and snuggle in for a long nap.  He is happiest in our arms, but tolerates snuggling up with his brother.  His least favorite position is to be alone in his crib.

Nicknames: B, B-bops, Brody-bear, Pecan, B-B guns, B-B-the guns

 I was never able to imagine what it would be like to be able to see your own traits in your kids face, but after a few hours of knowing Brody and seeing him cry, I declared "oh my god, he looks like me when he makes that face!".  Both boys are a mix of Chris and I, but I can see images of myself when Brody is crying or sleeping with his mouth open (TMI maybe, oh well!).  We can't wait to see what next week brings Brody!



Having 2 babies is totally surreal.  Someone always needs to be fed, held, changed, or rocked.  There is no rest for the weary. I can't wait to see what the boy's relationship looks like in the coming months, but for right now, I can say two babies is double the work and double the fun.

(Quilts handmade by Grandma Great and my Mom.  They are so cute!)






My parents were here this week and were a huge help.  It was so great to see them interacting with their first grandchildren.

(we nicknamed my mom the Twinja (the twins ninja!)


I had heard that the love you feel for your spouse grows exponentially when you have your first child.  I never really understood that sentiment until now.  In the words of Stephanie Mills, "I have never known love like this before".  Chris has been Super Dad and Super Husband all rolled into one.  It has been so much fun hanging out with him for the last 2 weeks taking care of our babies.  I am actually dreading having him go back to work. We are enjoying this time so much, I hate to see it fly by.  

Last, we want to wish all of our friends and family Happy Holidays and a very Happy and Healthy New Year.  From our family to yours, we look forward to seeing and communicating more in 2012!


7 comments:

  1. Hey Guys. Great update. My favorite part is how they appear to be perfect anantiomers in pictures 7,9,10,11.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely look into life...the first weeks. Beautiful boys, perfect parents. Savor the moments as they fly by.
    Great (and fabulous) Aunt Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie I am so happy for you all. You have a beautiful family. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Wishing you all the best 2012 can bring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geat post. The babies are adorable. Sounds like you have enough advice to savor these moments so I won't add to it. BUT...the part I loved most about this post is TWINJA! SO funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking family and glad to hear things are going well! Hopefully you're all up watching the Michigan game tonight!

    Zach (of Zach &Abby)

    ReplyDelete