Monday, June 21, 2010

Opening Remarks. . . .

"Absence makes the heart grown fonder". . . Bayly

That is what your supposed to say when someone moves away, right? Being away is supposed to make you miss the person more. It is supposed to reveal how much that person has added to your life. It is supposed to make you realize how much you like being around that person. For the most part, absence does do these things. But, it also makes you forget things. You can forget how funny the person is. You can forget the person’s distinctive laugh or even that they are very very punny. You might even forget that they are the world's worst speller.

By popular demand (mostly my friend Amy, but I assure you, she is very popular), I have decided to start this blog to stay more in touch with the people I love. Over the last couple of years, I have enjoyed reading friends and relatives blogs. I love the little glimpses I get into their lives. I love reading funny, scary, exciting events that are described with such care and detail and in such a way that is so distinctly different from recounting the event over the phone. I love how the corresponding pictures can add just the right about of detail that you feel almost like you were there.

I did not start a blog before now because I really did not think that I had that much to say, but really, I always have something to say right?! I cannot promise that I will be a great bloger. And I warn you now; I will probably end up writing mostly about our animals because they bring great joy to our lives. I will try not to harp on the Arizona heat and I will try not to be too boring! I will try to watch the spelling, but if you remember anything about me, you remember I do not even notice the mistakes so how can I fix them! Everything looks spelled right to me! Mostly I look forward to letting you see what our Arizona lives are like and that way, I will not feel so far away.

3 comments:

  1. ahhhh, what a nice addition to my morning coffee! You put a smile on my face already. The funny thing is that I scrolled down to see how long it was then I sat back and read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you may not know is that it is very entertaining when you spell things incorrectly! So misspell away! What I will miss from the blog is you succumbing to fits of giggling and snorting while writing (I can just picture it!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it, but where is all the dog talk????

    ReplyDelete