Sunday, August 28, 2011

Shower the people you love with love

A few weeks ago Chris and I spent a week in Ohio with our families.  We originally planed this trip so that both of us could participate in the Ohio MS ride. As it turns out, the twins and I did not end up riding but Chris did!
Cheryl's Crew, Day 1 (the biggest bunch to date, so impressive)

Cheryl and Tim, the hosts with the mosts!

My sister, also a first time rider this year!

Many of us were there to cheer the riders in at the end of day 1!



Day 2 of riding was done in torrential rain. Such great smiles at the end of a grueling day!


 In addition to the bike ride, Chris's parents came down from Michigan to spend 4 days with us and my Mom organized a surprise shower.  The shower was so nice.  My mom creatively strung all the baby gifts onto a clothes line and Chris and I were able to ohhhh and ahhhh over everything without having to unwrap gifts!  It was genius!



(this is genuine excitement from Chris after seeing these newborn University of Michigan onesies, not staged at all!)

And then we took some family photos afterwards.

Chris and I and the excited grandparents-to-be




We had a great time and were so sad to leave our families after such a nice visit.  Thank you to everyone for the wonderful gifts and the helpful advice shared by the great mothers in my family!  

1 comment:

  1. At the current rate of increase, when you are full-term with those kids, everywhere you go it might be a local eclipse of the sun. You know i mean that in the nicest possible way!

    Barry

    ReplyDelete