Friday, March 8, 2013

A walk in the woods:Month14

I'm not going to lie.  Our trip to Muir Woods was supposed to be its own post.  I was going to regale you with tales of us packing up the kids and the dogs for an all day outing.  I was going to recount- in vivid detail -how the day went.  But, I waited too long, and now I can't remember the special details.  Here is what I do remember: 

There were trees, giant trees!  And the boys, Brady especially, loved them!


There were attempts at posed pictures.  However, nowadays, this is what it is like trying to get pictures with walking babies.  They worm out of your arms and when they are finally still, I have to hold on for dear life!
There were independent steps taken in new territory.  It was very exciting.



And there was a hike.  It was epic(ish).  I would love to say that we hiked 12 miles, covered massive amounts of  territory, but really we hiked about 3 miles and it probably took 2.5 hours.  The boys squawked/cried the whole way, unless there were passersby for them to say hi to.  They did not like the carriers we brought because no one wanted to be on our backs.  Chris and I transferred babies between the two of us no less that 10 times to try and make them happy.  When we finally made it to the top, we ate snacks and even though the boys were passed their nap time, they rallied.   It was wonderful(ish)!

Now for the rest of the month: in photo bomb form.

There was snuggling:



(btw- this is not "just took a bath" hair, this is "just smashed avocado" in my hair. Looks the same, but I assure you, the results are not. 


(Also, to come clean, these snuggles usually ends in crying because one bites or hits the other, but it is oh so cute while it lasts!)

There was lots of animal snuggling too (with the ginger animals at least):






There was lots of tongue waggling:






There was outdoor park play:


Someone is always eating something!



There was awkward toddling:




There was a new table and chairs (and some kind of meeting):


There was crazy hair and laughs:





And it was a great month!

1 comment:

  1. I love that table! It is IKEA, right? I eyed if for years but we already have one so I could not justify it. The boys look like they are getting very adventurous. If I were you, I would totally get those backpack leash things for when you are out with them alone!

    ReplyDelete