Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Strawberry Fields Forever

Two weekends ago we took advantage of a Sunday with nothing on our calendar and decided to go strawberry picking.  I really wanted to take the boys strawberry picking ever since our slightly lame attempt at berry picking last fourth of July.  After almost a year, we finally got our chance!  I picked out a u-pick organic strawberry farm south of Santa Cruz and we headed over the mountain.  The boys were excited to go so I figured the outing would be fun and easy, and it was!  We had a great time.  Brody ate every strawberry he picked off the plants; not a single one made it into the baskets.  While munching, he did a little dance that included a cute arm swing, a spin, and a booty shake.  His talent is really unquantifiable.  Brady ate a few strawberries in the field but in typical Brady fashion, he clung to the first strawberry he picked the entire time we were out there.  While delicately holding the original strawberry with one hand, he plucked new strawberries with the other.   Thirty minutes later (in the car), I turned around and asked him were his strawberry was.  He slyly pointed to his tongue and with no words -just a Soprano like gesture- he let me know his strawberry now slept with the fishes (can you tell I am binge watching the Sopranos?  A little late to the game I realize, but thanks to Amazon Prime, I can finally get caught up on TV from the year 2000.). 








After berry picking, we decided to keep heading down the coast.  We wandered down to Carmel, let the dogs play in the ocean, walked around town and had a great afternoon.  The boys are getting so much bigger and more mature that's getting easier and easier to do these kind of adventures.  They skipped nap, and although they were tired and cranky by the end of the day, they were in good spirits the rest of the time.  It is great to see how easily they can roll with fun!

3 comments:

  1. That picture sequence of Brody is hilarious!!! I love it. I am jealous of your time in Carmel. I love that place. Next time, let us know and we will hop in the car and meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking that! It really was not that far. . . maybe a brave midday adventure for the two of us this summer?

      Delete