Sunday, September 28, 2014

Happy 36 to me



This year we celebrated my birthday with lots of family time!  It was a great birthday: easy, relaxed and very special.  The day before, while out running errands, the boys fell asleep in the car.  In a moment of spontaneity, we decided to take advantage of car naps and run up to the city to have an early dinner.  We rolled onto the Embarcadero right as they woke up; perfect "planning".  We walked around to stretch our legs and then headed for margaritas and guacamole, a perfect pre-birthday dinner.  This meal was especially notable because Brady inhaled all the food we put in front of him.  I'm thinking maybe that was my birthday present from him- one meal that I did not have to coax every morsel of food into his mouth!  Seriously, he ate the entire bowl of guacamole and almost the entire quesadilla.  I was very impressed.

After dinner we walked along the water soaking in the beautiful evening weather and taking some pictures.  The next day we did some of my favorite things (farmer's market breakfast, shopping, sunglass buying) and in the evening we met Kathy and Sam in Palo Alto for a great birthday dinner.  I can't think of a better way to ring in 36!  I look forward to seeing what this year has in store!









1 comment:

  1. You deserve many more speical birthdays like this. I think I remember 36. It's a good number.

    ReplyDelete