Monday, May 11, 2015

Vehicles

Several weeks ago the boys and I headed across the Golden Gate bridge for a special event hosted in Sausalito.  I can’t begin to describe how “cool” it is to be able to roll with these guys so easily these days.  The 1 hour drive was no big deal: they had no trouble entertaining themselves (and me) in the car, there weren't any sudden urgent complaints that they had to go to the bathroom, and they were equally as excited to be able to cross the "Golden Bridge" as I was.  They are totally big boys now and they are so much fun.  

The reason  for our adventure was an amazing event that was being put on at the Bay Area Discovery Museum.  The museum recruited tons of rescue vehicles for the kids to climb on and investigate.  This included all kinds of things such as fire trucks, ambulances, jet skies, police cars and the pièce de résistance- a helicopter.  As you can imagine, their toddler minds were blown!  As if that were not enough, we spent the rest of the day exploring the amazing museum and hanging out with great friends.  It was great (so great in fact that we have been back in the time that it has taken me to post this update.  We love it there!).




After sitting in the state parks police car instead of the "real" police car, the boys kept asking me "What that police car job again?" and I would have to tell them what a state park police officer does.




I asked the boys if they had any questions and Brody looked right at the pilot and said "how this thing fly?". A physics lesson ensued and I tuned out.

This was some kind of off road fire truck.  It was incredibly tall; Brady is standing well over my head.

Quite a view from this museum!

A giant gravel pit.  Toddler heaven.








This week when we were at the museum, we decided to talk a walk out onto the pier that you can sort of see in the picture above.  I am so glad we did because in addition to getting an incredible view of this iconic bridge, we were able to see fishermen, crab traps, pelicans and a sea lion!!  I love seeing sea lions in their natural habitat and this cute guy swam over to see what everyone was doing.  They are the labrador retrievers of the sea; it is so hard not to want to jump in and pet one (hence the death grip I have on the boys' hands.).  





1 comment: