Saturday, June 4, 2016

Mother's Day 2016



Every year I oscillate between feeling like I want to soak up precious family memories on mothers day vs spend some (well-earned) time on myself.  I alway feel guilty if I choose to be by myself knowing a picnic or a hike would have been more representative of the celebration that "is" Mother's Day.  This year I had no guilt.  I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  First, I wanted to run a 10k.  I have been in an exercise grove and running 6 miles (all at once) is something I have not done since I was pregnant.  I can't believe that is actually true but it is.  Since I find running point to point more motivating that other kinds of runs, I cashed in my Mother's Day "you can't say no to me because it's Mother's day" coupon by asking Chris to pick me up 6.2 miles form our house.  He did so happily and even had the boys cheering for me at the very end of my workout. It was great.  They kept asking me if  I won my race and this is the only time I could answer yes!  A 10k and shopping for some needed clothing items were my gifts and everything else was bonus!

On the Friday before Mother's day I got my hair cut and I decided to cut it all off.  I ended with a super short bob and did not tell anyone I was going to do it because I did not decide I was going to do it until I sat down in the chair.    When I picked the kids up from preschool, they did not notice the change in my hair.  Mind you-I had just dropped them off less than 2.5 hours earlier.  On Sunday when I opened my Mother's day cards, I found this:
Way to make me feel guilty, Brady!



 In all honestly, these cards are priceless.  I think preschool was entirely worth it just to receive these cards!

We had a great dinner Mother's Day dinner and the rest of the night I soaked up the love.  I am so lucky to get to be Mom to these boys!




No comments:

Post a Comment