Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Birthday to A Great Friend!




Danielle and I have been friends for over 14 year, not quite half of my life, but close!  We met my very first day of college, when I was green and scared but super excited to start a new adventure.    I remember thinking she was so cool and I never thought she would want to be friends with someone like me!



Over that year, we became workout partners at FitSpace, classmates-memorizing the state capital and US presidents together, and over the course of a year, great friends.  That first summer, Danielle and I exchanged handwritten letters (back before email was so easy and so normal).



 I realize now these early clues ( that I would work out with her despite being a very grumpy morning workout person  and that I would handwrite letter despite having awful handwriting and spelling) should have foreshadowed that we would become lifelong best friends.


Over the years, we have experience life, celebrated/morned together, laughed a lot and grown up quite a bit.  I could not ask for a better friend to help shape the person I am today.



Happy birthday to a great woman and a great friend!  Love you and miss you Danielle!


(I just noticed I am always on the left in these photos, too funny!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive