Saturday, October 2, 2010

Time flies when you're sweating in the desert

Well, it has been too long since my last post!  Not too much has happened in the desert.  Work has been really busy and I have been in the lab 7 days a week babysitting some aspect of my scientific endeavors.

I had a birthday in September.  Thank you for all the wonderful birthday cards, wishes and gifts.  It was a wonderful day (as wonderful as turning 30+ can be on a Tuesday when you have to go to work).  Chris brought me a special lunch and coffee -to work- just to make the day that much more special.  I left work a bit early and treated myself to some beautifcation services.  When I got home, we took what is becoming my annual birthday picture with the animals.

 (the dogs are not really sniffing Dodge.  I actually have food in my fist to lure everyone to the right side of the room!)

Chris surprised me with a new camera for my birthday.  Although I have not had a chance to practice or learn the ins and outs of my new toy, I have been able to take a few pictures of my favorite subjects!

Adriane is such a funny dog.  She moves her each of her ears independently.  Sometimes one is up and sometimes one is down.  This makes her really funny looking sometimes.

Tormenting the dogs is fun.  

Dodgie looks so mean here.  She is really quite sweet!

This is Rocco's reaction to the camera.  He hates having his picture taken inside!  He barks furiously like we are torturing him.  This has caused us to refer to the camera as the soul stealer.  He may believe that we are taking a bit of his soul with every shot. Maybe he knows something we do not.  

Big bird.

We took the dogs to our favorite dog park for some swimming and ball throwing action.  Swimming in the summer (or September 25st, whatever the case may be) is a must.  It burns a lot of energy and keeps the dogs cool!




Lastly, today we got great news today.  I checked the weather and found this:


Thank goodness.  Life can begin again.  Goodbye 105 days and 80+ degree mornings.  Hello 70's (and 60s!!).  I may even wear pants this week.  Joy!

I promise to keep the updates coming!  Happy October!

1 comment:

Blog Archive