Saturday, March 8, 2014

It's such a perfect day, I'm glad I spent it with you



Today was such a perfect day!  With no real plan in mind, Chris decided that he did not want to head to our usual farmers market like we typically do.  Instead, he suggested we head up to the city and go to the farmers' market in SF.  We hopped into the car and were on the Embarcidao by 10!



We resurected our Boba carriers and they were the perfect way to get the boys around the city. I forgot how much I loved baby wearing.  Having a kid snuggled up against you is absolutely wonderful.    I felt foot loose and fancy free becuase I did not have a bag with me and was not wearing a bulky backpack like usual.  As an afterthought, I grabbed two diapers from the truck they were literally the only things I carried with me the whole day.  I had no real place to put these diapers mind you, so I kept tucking them into my sweat shirt and every time I sat down, I pulled them out.  Whenever someone would see me simply carrying two diapers I would get a laugh and a smile.  I told whoever laughed that we liked to travel light :)



We started the day at a park.  I think the boys have park radar.  They saw this one in the distance as we rolled into town and demanded we try it out. After the park, we walked around a bit and settled on Mexican food for lunch-complete with guacamole, tacos, margaritas and a view of the water.  Over lunch we mused about taking the ferry to Sausalito.  When I said "I wonder how often the ferry  leaves" Chris answered "If only we had a hand held device, something like a computer, that could answer these questions for us".  Smartass.  After consulting our handheld devices, we saw that the ferry left in 12 minutes so we finished lunch and hopped on!  The boys loved the boat ride.  Once across the bay, we walked around, drank coffee, shopped, Brady caught a quick nap on his mama, and then we hopped back on the ferry and headed home. On the way back to the truck we found a circular ramp that went up three flights.  I think circular ramps should be installed everywhere toddlers play; they are a huge hit!


















After we got home, we put up the bouncy house in the back yard.  The boys played hard for a solid hour and then were completely wiped out.  It was a perfect day in every way!




No comments:

Post a Comment