Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Kindergarteners

Dear Boys,
After a summer of anticipation, the big day finally arrived: the first day of kindergarten.  You were both nervous and anxious.  It was so hard to see you be uneasy about a new experience especially when I knew deep down it was going to be great.  We attended a few school events before the first day and this helped to make you feel more comfortable.  Once the big day arrived you got up and got ready like big kids.  I let you choose your breakfast (as in I offered to make you whatever you wanted) and you got dressed in the shirts you picked for the first day.  The four of us walked up the hill to school and we walked you to your classroom.  I'll be honest, seeing you in your classroom brought tears to my eyes and made me want to ugly cry.  You seemed so little and so big all at the same time.  Brody, you got a little bit more nervous when you saw where you were sitting and realized you and Brady were not sitting at the same table.  Brady, you were happy there were school supplies on your desk and you immediately started to color the Kindergarten paper that was at your spot.   When it became obvious that we were supposed to leave, we hugged you and walked out without looking back.  I cried the whole way home!  Dad tried to make me feel better but I was so sad.  I also may have picked up the dogs and walked back toward the school not 30 minutes later, just so I could see if I could catch a glimpse of you going about your first day.

You were in great spirits when I picked you up after your first day but the real reward for me was when I picked you up on your second day.  Brady, you, came running out with a big smile and said: "I love Kindergarten, it is so fun!" and Brody you declared "Kindergarten is the best!".  We have been looking forward to each day ever since!  Enjoy kindergarten, boys!

Love,
Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment